||George Bowling opened Bowling Motors in 1959 with late model used cars and trucks. With it's beginnings on Richmond Ave. in Ottumwa, it soon moves to 707 Church Street where it stayed for 40 years. In 1975, Mr. Bowling added motor homes to his inventory and soon followed that up with travel trailers and fifth wheels. Upon his passing in 1988, his son, Randy, and wife, Betty, continued the business.
Incorporating in 1998, the name was changed to Bowling Motors and RV Sales Inc. In the fall of 2000, the business was moved to it's current location at 14270 Sycamore Road near Ottumwa Airport. Here they've had the room to expand their inventory of both new and pre-owned Motor Homes, Travel Trailers and Fifth Wheels.